forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: url based structurer from plugins
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2007 09:19:56 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> The ultimate changes in the dispatcher have been mainly allowing plugins
> to provide dispatcher based resources by ad.
>
> We now support:
> - contracts
> - x (tiles)
> - resources
>
> I think we should allow url related structurer as well.
>
> Meaning e.g. the solr plugin could provide via
> resources/structurer/url/solr-search-adv.fv
> an advanced search form.
>
> One could then use it in the project like
> http://localhost:8888/solr-search-adv.html and it would match the
> default implementation if no project one can be found.
>
> wdyt?

There is precedent for this in various plugins (including projectInfo).

If possible, I'd recommend making the URL configurable from the
locationmap just in case there is ever a clash with a users urlspace. i.e.

<match pattern="{properties:solr-search-adv}">

We can use {properties:*} in the pattern, right?

Ross