forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: upgrade strategies for our packaged Cocoon
Date Fri, 26 Jan 2007 01:05:30 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
>
> >I will add my test changes regarding 2.1 to a Jira issue
> >so that someone else has a head-start.
>
> Thanks for doing this David. It is certainly something we need to
> address ASAP. Unfortunately, I doubt I will be the one to address it
> anytime soon. Although I will be tackling our dependency management
> stuff which links with this.
>
> What we need is for someone to create a build target for Cocoon using
> the new Maven build process they use. We used to be able to do this with
> the old Ant build system, but I have no idea how the Maven build has
> changed things.

I don't understand this reply to the "2.1" part of my message.
Are you getting mixed up between Cocoon-2.1 (still
Ant-based build) and Cocoon-2.2 (Maven-based build)?

> Once we have a way of creating the Cocoon snapshot we need I can use
> that snapshot in our dependency management system, whatever it turns out
> to be.

Recent artefacts are available for Cocoon-2.2 as Carsten described.
So Ivy can grab them.

If we decide to go back to Cocoon-2.1, then i gather that we
will need to continue to deal with Cocoon as we do now:
a committer builds and adds the relevant core and block jars
to our SVN. See forrest/trunk/etc/cocoon_upgrade/

Unless i am missing it and Cocoon already has 2.1 jars
manually added to the maven repository.

I hope that we go the Cocoon-2.2 route.

-David