forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Getting 0.8-dev out the door
Date Sun, 28 Jan 2007 23:17:37 GMT
On Sat, 2007-01-27 at 11:44 +0900, Gav.... wrote:
> There has been lots of talk lately regarding upgrading Cocoon, using
> Ivy/Maven + other stuff.
>
> All of these are fine and are paving the way forward, but as far as I can
> see , none of these should be affecting what happens in 0.8-dev, they are
> talks for possibly the next version.

Yes, I agree.

> I am concerned that everybody is already moving on to the next greatest
> thing and leaving 0.8-dev behind in its unfinished state.

No, I myself need a 0.8 release (within the next couple of months).

> Whilst I
> appreciate that everyone has their own agendas on what is good for them,
> what is good for the short term of the project is not being attended to and
> this can lead to a long term deficit.

Yeah, in lenya we are suffering ATM the consequences. People get the
impression there is no development since there is no release.

> I would like to know what everyone feels about everyone concentrating on
> getting 0.8-dev fixed and released as soon as possible. There are 25 roadmap
> issues and if everyone worked on them it wouldn't take long to get these
> crossed off. We should also resurrect IRC sessions purely for collaboration
> on getting 0.8 issues fixed.

agree, but somebody need to follow it through. There have been many
attempts from different people so far.

> The one major decision in the release is whether or not dispatcher is ready
> to be released from the whiteboard into (I think Thorsten mentioned) a
> plugin endorsed by the community, or whether it will be part of core.

> Thoughts ?

IMO we should release the dispatcher into the official plugins and then release 0.8.

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"