forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject RE: PoC StAX implementation of dispatcher
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 13:45:05 GMT
On Wed, 2007-01-24 at 22:32 +0900, Gav.... wrote:

> [...]

Actually the background mail came from one PMC member of Jackrabbit.

I actually do not have much time to research whether we can directly
include the lib in the dispatcher, so I think downloading and install is
the safest way.

> > Futher it was pointed out that the JCR API (as interface), will either
> > already be present in the J2SE engine (with or without an implementation
> > from java 6 up) or must be downloaded and installed by the user (either
> > directly in $JAVA_HOME/lib or into the location I pointed out before
> > (whiteboard/dispatcher/lib/api)).
> >
> > The following has to be done once:
> > cd whiteboard/dispatcher/lib
> > mkdir api
> > cd api
> > wget http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/stax/stax-api/1.0/stax-api-1.0.jar .
>
> I think I would prefer %FORREST_HOME%/lib/optional , keeps all these
> Required but not endorsed jars in the same place, and no need to
> Re-write anything when things move from one place to another, i.e.
> From whiteboard to plugin.

Hmm, the dispatcher is standalone. Like said if you want StAX support on
your OS you will have to place it into the JAVA lib.

salu2