forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject Re: PoC StAX implementation of dispatcher
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 11:54:12 GMT
On Wed, 2007-01-24 at 13:41 +1100, David Crossley wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> >
> > To make the version compile you need to download
> > the JSR 173 API from
> > http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/stax/stax-api/1.0/stax-api-1.0.jar
> > and copy it to lib/api/. We cannot redistribute the API (it was once a
> > discussion on cocoon-dev when the jcr got introduced).
>
> Would you please explain that further.

I cannot post any citation from the mail I referred since I just saw
that it was a private list where I read it.

Bottom line of the mail was that the JSR-170 terms of license allowed by
Sun's lawyers for the JCR specification (which includes the JCR
interface jar) are not compatible with ASF.

Futher it was pointed out that the JCR API (as interface), will either
already be present in the J2SE engine (with or without an implementation
from java 6 up) or must be downloaded and installed by the user (either
directly in $JAVA_HOME/lib or into the location I pointed out before
(whiteboard/dispatcher/lib/api)).

The following has to be done once:
cd whiteboard/dispatcher/lib
mkdir api