forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Renaming tiles to X?(was Re: svn commit: r496145)
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2007 18:11:00 GMT
On Wed, 2007-01-17 at 23:42 +0100, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-01-15 at 09:14 +0000, Ross Gardler wrote:
> > thorsten@apache.org wrote:
> > > Author: thorsten
> > > Date: Sun Jan 14 12:48:45 2007
> > > New Revision: 496145

> > > Log:
> > > Allowing plugins to provide tiles.
> >
> > I'm assuming this is tiles in Dispatcher speak not tiles as in Apache
> > Tiles. If this is so I think we ought to find a different name for it in
> > Dispatcher, I can already "hear" the confused user questions as a result
> > of a Google search.
>
> Would be templates better?

No.

Current better suggestions are:
- groups
- tessera
- panel

Ross gave a good review of the first two. I personally like above three
but do not have any strong feelings for any one of them.

Groups is perfectly describing what it is but a very general word.
Tessera is very specific but as well perfectly describing what "tiles"
do. Panels is as well very accurate describing the functionality.

Other suggestions? How can we decide between the suggested ones?

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"