forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject Re: url based structurer from plugins
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2007 08:43:24 GMT
On Thu, 2007-01-18 at 09:33 +0200, Sjur Moshagen wrote:
> Den 18. jan. 2007 kl. 00.41 skrev Thorsten Scherler:
>
> > I think we should allow url related structurer as well.
> > wdyt?
>
> Agree, I think it is a good idea, AFAIU it. I mean: we do already
> support that in the project hierarchy, which means you suggest that
> we should support it as part of the default/forrest/fallback mechanism?

http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/howto/howto-buildPlugin.html#Dispatcher

If you mean by default "...Once Dispatcher becomes stable we will add
this matches to the default locationmap which is generated when you seed
a new plugin, but for now it must be done manually." I agree. IMO
dispatcher is getting stable as soon we settle the tiles discussion.

Yes, in the project it is the preferred place to store the url related
structurer.

It would be a change like the last ones on
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/forrest/trunk/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.dispatcher/locationmap.xml?view=log

Just adding the plugin location to the dispatcher locationmap.

Allowing this makes the resulting pages not support skins since they
depend on the dispatcher lm. The url cannot be resolved in a skin based
project.

salu2