forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: url based structurer from plugins
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2007 23:35:28 GMT
On Wed, 2007-01-17 at 23:41 +0100, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> The ultimate changes in the dispatcher have been mainly allowing plugins
> to provide dispatcher based resources by ad.
>
> We now support:
> - contracts
> - x (tiles)
> - resources
>
> I think we should allow url related structurer as well.
>
> Meaning e.g. the solr plugin could provide via
> resources/structurer/url/solr-search-adv.fv
> an advanced search form.
>
> One could then use it in the project like
> http://localhost:8888/solr-search-adv.html and it would match the
> default implementation if no project one can be found.

Another use case is the css contract branding-theme-profiler.

Current linking to this contract is
<!-- You can request url specific css as defined above,
     but beware that you need to use the *.dispatcher.css
     extension!!!-->
<css prefix="" url="#{$getRequest}.dispatcher.css" media="screen"
theme="Pelt"/>

provoking:
screenshots.solr.add.do.dispatcher.css being generated which does not
makes sense at all.

<css prefix="" url="themes/profiler.dispatcher.css" media="screen"
theme="Pelt"/>

and adding

resources/structurer/url/themes/profiler.dispatcher.fv with

<forrest:views xmlns:forrest="http://apache.org/forrest/templates/1.0"
  xmlns:jx="http://apache.org/cocoon/templates/jx/1.0">
  <forrest:view type="css" hooksXpath="/">
    <jx:import uri="cocoon://prepare.tiles.pelt-css"/>
  </forrest:view>
</forrest:views>

would be so much more elegant and efficient.

salu2

--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"