forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Renaming tiles to X?(was Re: svn commit: r496145)
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2007 22:42:50 GMT
On Mon, 2007-01-15 at 09:14 +0000, Ross Gardler wrote:
> thorsten@apache.org wrote:
> > Author: thorsten
> > Date: Sun Jan 14 12:48:45 2007
> > New Revision: 496145

> > Log:
> > Allowing plugins to provide tiles.
>
> I'm assuming this is tiles in Dispatcher speak not tiles as in Apache
> Tiles. If this is so I think we ought to find a different name for it in
> Dispatcher, I can already "hear" the confused user questions as a result
> of a Google search.

Would be templates better?

They are "sub-structurer" to easier provide grouped contracts
(functionality) and hooks (design) on a plugin/project/theme base.

I will call it x till we find a better name for tiles.

<jx:import uri=cocoon://prepare.tiles.solrbar/>
would become
<jx:import uri=cocoon://prepare.x.solrbar/>

I further suggest to get them out of the html contract dir.

tree resources/themes/common/html/
resources/themes/common/html/
|-- solr-actionbar.ft
|-- solr-add.ft
|-- solr-search.ft
`-- solrbar.vt.xml

They do not belong in there. If you look in the core themes you can find
common-fo.vt.xml in the html dir of the common theme. This x does not
provide a group of html but fo contracts!

IMO they should be stored in resources/themes/common/x and stripped from
".vt" (does not makes sense anymore - vt stands for view tiles).

tree resources/themes/common/x
resources/themes/common/x
`-- solrbar.xml

wdyt?

Please we need some suggestions to replace x with better naming.

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"