forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "C. Grobmeier" <grobme...@possessed.de>
Subject i18n Usage
Date Sat, 30 Dec 2006 13:34:44 GMT
Hi all,
it found it quite difficult to find out how all this i18n stuff works
:-) However, i patched forrest with
which works fine! It's a pity that it hasn't not comitted yet.

I do not understand how these files are used:

langcode.xml
No idea. But i guess all languages must be registered there? I am curios
cause "de" for german is not inside, but in the samples "de" works.

languages_XX.xml
Translates the names for the languages. No idea where this will be used.
I heard of an language-selection contract which Sjur has written, but i
didn't find it in the cvs-dist.

menu.xml
menu_XX.xml
Seems to be the translation for the menus found in site.xml. Seems to be
matched by the "label" attribute.

tabs.xml
tabs_XX.xml
Same goes here: translation for the tabs.xml in the projects root
folder. Matched also by the "label" attribute

It seems also that the translation files menu.xml and tabs.xml are
optional. sorftware works without them. Can you explain a bit more on
this or tell me how to find out?

Regards, Thanks, Happy New Year,
Chris