forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Bolger" <pbol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ODT plugin
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 13:43:40 GMT
On 22/11/06, Cyriaque Dupoirieux <Cyriaque.Dupoirieux@pcotech.fr> wrote:
> Paul Bolger a écrit :
> > The ODT plugin seems to be working with images now, which is a great
> > step forward. Does anyone know what the status is with getting the
> > images to then get sent through to a rendered PDF?
> >
> I have worked on the ODT plugin (images, text style...) And I will
> continue because it is a good way to make forrest popular.
Yes, it's really useful, largely because OpenOffice has a batch
converter from MSWord. The sad fact is that a lot of documents I need
to turn into web pages are (badly structured) Word docs. The ODT
plugin can turn them into acceptable html, and then PDF - which is a
good solution to a much larger problem.