forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Tim Williams" <william...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Witeboard Forrest2 committed
Date Sat, 18 Nov 2006 02:46:32 GMT
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
> In an attempt to give you a starting point for getting a grip on what a
> Forrest2 Content Object looks like...
>
> A basic hello world process example source [1] (this is described in the
> readme)
>
> A full pipeline process, illustrating readers, input and output plugins
> is described in [2] with source in [3]
>
> In both cases the configuration files that replace are equivalent to the
> sitemap and locationmap in Forrest 1 are:
>
> locationmap.xml - should look pretty familiar to everyone here (the use
> of the psuedo protocol, "tradeDoubler", is described in [2])
>
> forrestContext.xml - this is a Spring config file, so will be familiar
> to some. Basically it defines the readers, input and output plugins
> needed to buld this content object.
>
> Ross
>
> [1]
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/trunk/whiteboard/forrest2/src/examples/helloWorld/src/
>
> [2]
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/trunk/whiteboard/forrest2/src/docs/examples/affiliateProductCatalogue.html
>

> [3]
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/trunk/whiteboard/forrest2/src/examples/affiliateProductCatalogue/src/

Where's the servlet exposure?  Where's the pipeline defined?  Are
producers and consumers throughout the pipeline dealing with Strings
instead of SAX events?  Have you already explained to us an analysis
of String vs. SAX vs. STAX while I wasn't paying close attention?

Once I understand it, I promise to provide more substantive
feedback/contributions; until then, the core and src main directories
have counter-intuitive content for me at least.

Thanks for taking the time to contribute this stuff, I suspect it'll
be a foundation for some fruitful discussion.
--tim