forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Building Forrest 2
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2006 01:12:35 GMT

 -
nested exception is java.io.FileNotFoundException: svn/asf/forrest/whiteboard/forrest2/core/src/examples/helloWorld/src/forrestContext.xml
(No such file or directory)

>>> I checked all that before sending the errors.
>>>
>>> As i said, please note the mangled paths and the missing leading slash
>>> on the Exception messages.
>> Sorry for being dense, I only looked at the "Caused by:" part of the
>> report, not the original IO Exception. Interestingly they give two
>> different paths.
>
> The first path is mangled, the second path is missing the leading slash.
> Perhaps as a result of the first mess.
>
>> Anyway, I note your ANT command is:
>>
>> ant -Dcontent.object.dir=src/examples/helloWorld
>> -Dcontent.object.start.uri=helloWorld.html run
>>
>> This works OK for me (Cygwin on Windows XP), so I guess this is a MacOS
>> thing.
>
> My unsaid question is: Is there specific code anywhere in forrest2
> that builds that pathname? It might have some "file:" handling which
> is a typical thing that causes pathname errors between UNIX/Windows.

I really am trying to do too many things tonight (the Ashes have start
as well, so that's me out of the real world for 5 days)

It's in
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/forrest/trunk/whiteboard/forrest2/core/src/core/org/apache/forrest/core/Controller.java?revision=477949&view=markup

The CLI calls the default constructor which calls
this("src/locationmap.xml", "src/forrestContext.xml");

The file resolution is in the parameterised constructor and consists of
two parts:

final File file = new File(contextPath);

and

this.context = new FileSystemXmlApplicationContext(file
.getAbsolutePath());

(contextPath in the first line is the "src/forrestContext.xml")

The problem is that getAbsolutePath() should be getPath().

I've made the change, please test.

Ross