forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Building Forrest 2
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2006 00:59:39 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>> David Crossley wrote:
>>> Now even though Ross didn't change that
>>> ivy-*.xml file, the build suddenly worked. I wonder if some xml
>>> validation was happening to start and then was switched off in later
>>> commits.
>> I didn't change anything intentionally.
>
> Ah, i discovered why. I don't know much about Ivy, but
> i found that it creates a ~/.ivy/cache/
>
> Remove that and compile again, brings back the nice
> xml validation errors.

Ahhh, yes, that'll be it. The cache contains a copy of the ivy.xml file
which will be the one with our correction in it.

FYI, Ivy caches all resources retrieved for all projects in the local
cache so that it can work consistently across all projects. You'll
notice that the build.xml does not then duplicate the resources to the
project, it uses them in place.

This is rather nice, it means you can have multiple projects using
foo.jar, but will have only one copy on your disk.

Ross