forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Building Forrest 2
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 23:32:41 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Then Ross rearranged the repository to add the "core" subdirectory
> which blew away my changes.

Doh!!!

Sorry!!!

(Strangely enough I am currently writing a presentation on using SVN in
Open source, I now have a new bullet point "not foolproof")

> Now even though Ross didn't change that
> ivy-*.xml file, the build suddenly worked. I wonder if some xml
> validation was happening to start and then was switched off in later
> commits.

I didn't change anything intentionally.

> By the way, if these things are remaining in our local repo
> then we need proper license information and replace the "saafe"
> ivyauthor.

+1 - as ever anything I commit to SVN is to be considered owned by the
community, if I ever miss anything like this it can be changed without
my explicit permission, it is implied from the fact I committed it.

I'll do a search and replace when I've finished my presentation slides.

Ross