forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Building Forrest 2
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 23:20:46 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>> David Crossley wrote:

>>> Doesn't work for me: "Mac OS X" Java5:
>>>
>>> svn up
>>> cd /svn/asf/forrest/whiteboard/forrest2/core
>>> ant clean; ant compile-core
>>> ant -Dcontent.object.dir=src/examples/helloWorld
>>> -Dcontent.object.start.uri=helloWorld.html run
>>>     [java] 0    [main] INFO  org.apache.forrest.core.Controller (?:?)  -
>>>     Using Spring Context definition in src/forrestContext.xml
>>>     [java]
>>>     org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException:
>>>     IOException parsing XML document from file
>>>     [/svn/asf/forrest/whiteboard/forrest2/core/src/examples/helloWorld/svn/asf/forrest/whiteboard/forrest2/core/src/examples/helloWorld/src/forrestContext.xml];
nested exception is java.io.FileNotFoundException: svn/asf/forrest/whiteboard/forrest2/core/src/examples/helloWorld/src/forrestContext.xml
(No such file or directory)
>>>     [java] Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
>>>     svn/asf/forrest/whiteboard/forrest2/core/src/examples/helloWorld/src/forrestContext.xml
(No such file or directory)
>>>     [java]     at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
>>>
>>> ---------------
>>>
>>> Seems to be mangling the pathname somehow. Also tried with
>>> full pathname for content.object.dir with same result.
>> That forrestContext.xml file should exist in the location indicated
>> (assuming svn/asf/forrest/whiteboard/forrest2/core is the path to your
>> forrest2 code). See [1]
>>
>> Can you please verify that is the case.
>
> I checked all that before sending the errors.
>
> As i said, please note the mangled paths and the missing leading slash
> on the Exception messages.

Sorry for being dense, I only looked at the "Caused by:" part of the
report, not the original IO Exception. Interestingly they give two
different paths.

Anyway, I note your ANT command is:

ant -Dcontent.object.dir=src/examples/helloWorld
-Dcontent.object.start.uri=helloWorld.html run

This works OK for me (Cygwin on Windows XP), so I guess this is a MacOS
thing.

Try using the fullpath to the content object:

ant
-Dcontent.object.dir=/svn/asf/forrest/whiteboard/forrest2/coresrc/examples/helloWorld
  -Dcontent.object.start.uri=helloWorld.html run

and/or a properly expressed relative path:

ant -Dcontent.object.dir=./src/examples/helloWorld
-Dcontent.object.start.uri=helloWorld.html run

Ross