forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ivy repo (Re: Building Forrest 2)
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 00:44:27 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>> David Crossley wrote:

>>> How do other projects handle this? Is there talk at ivy mail lists?
>> There is a public "sandbox" repo that the Ivy project manages. Our Ivy
>> build file is set up to use it, but as you will see from Tim's mails, I
>> inadvertently commented out this section of the config. If it's not in
>> there it looks in the iBiblio Maven2 repo.
>>
>> Yes, there is talk on the Ivy lists, but nothing concrete and it has
>> stalled. I'm going to start a discussion over there when I can. Having
>> them in our SVN is temporary (and is no more wasteful than having a lib
>> directory anyway).
>>
>> In the interim I plan to move the repo out of
>> forrest2/core/tools/ivy/repository and into whiteboard/ivy/repository.
>> This will make it useful to other code in Forrest, including trunk/main.
>
> We need to trim down the need for local jars, both in our
> local ivy respository and elsewhere in our build.

I think I can safely claim that Forrest2 has trimmed down the jars
considerably. The use of Ivy (I should say proper use) will remove all
need for them.

> BTW, why are we using an old version of xerces for forrest2?

No reason.

> It builds now.

Cool, thanks for the feedback.

> However there is no forrest.jar created.

Why do you need a Forrest jar? Are you referring to the old version of
Getting Started that incorrectly referred to a forrest.jar? If so take a
look at my other mail in this thread (or just svn p GettingStarted.html
and read that).

I've now tested the ant build outside of Eclipse so it should work for
everyone now (probably too bold a claim!).

Ross