forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Ivy repo (Re: Building Forrest 2)
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 23:36:45 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>> Tim Williams wrote:
>>> Ross Gardler wrote:
>>>
>>> Still seems something is wrong - either in dependencies or my
>>> environment; not sure which.  Below is my output.
>> Those missing dependencies were coming from the iBiblio Maven repo, but
>> I've heard many a story about how unreliable this is. I've added them to
>> our repo in SVN.
>
> How do other projects handle this? Is there talk at ivy mail lists?

There is a public "sandbox" repo that the Ivy project manages. Our Ivy
build file is set up to use it, but as you will see from Tim's mails, I
inadvertently commented out this section of the config. If it's not in
there it looks in the iBiblio Maven2 repo.

Yes, there is talk on the Ivy lists, but nothing concrete and it has
stalled. I'm going to start a discussion over there when I can. Having
them in our SVN is temporary (and is no more wasteful than having a lib
directory anyway).

In the interim I plan to move the repo out of
forrest2/core/tools/ivy/repository and into whiteboard/ivy/repository.
This will make it useful to other code in Forrest, including trunk/main.

> I gather that Maven now have a much more reliable infrastructure.
> I only know Maven from trying to listen to cocoon-dev list.
> The cocoon build gets most stuff from repo1.maven.org/maven2/

That repo looks pretty complete, I'll add it to our config, in
preference to iBiblio. Thanks for the pointer.

> By the way, i still get missing stuff today, so i have not
> yet been able to see forrest2.

Have you done svn up since Tim pointed out I'd commented out the remote
repo stuff? It works for Tim now.

Ross