forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Building Forrest 2
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 15:57:12 GMT
Tim Williams wrote:
> On 11/21/06, Tim Williams <williamstw@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Those missing dependencies were coming from the iBiblio Maven repo, but
>> > I've heard many a story about how unreliable this is. I've added
>> them to
>> > our repo in SVN.
>> >
>> > (Aside: there is an SVN plugin for Ivy, I'll try and experiment with
>> > that, will remove the need to do svn up on the repo)
>> >
>> > Ross
>>
>> The jar also isn't getting created.  I've tried adding a target for it
>> but then got Main-Class manifest attribute problems.  I'm now firing
>> up Eclipse to see if it just does it "magically" or something.
>>
>> --tim
>
> I get tons of build errors in Eclipse.  Most are that the imports
> cannot be resolved.  I reckon I could manually add the lib paths to
> them but that seems to be clearly the wrong solution to me.  Does one
> have to do something/install something to get Eclipse to recognize ivy
> for the dependencies?

You need the IvyDE plugin [1]

Once you installed that you need to right click on the ivy.xml file and
select "add Ivy Library". This will add a special Eclipse classpath
entry for the ivy dependencies.

I think you will also need to set the path to the ivyconf.xml file in
the projects properties (right click on the project, and select IVY).

To update the dependencies, right click on the ivy.xml Library entry in
the package explorer and select "Resolve".

Ross

[1] http://www.jayasoft.org/ivyde