forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] A new Forrest implementation?
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2006 19:42:33 GMT
Tim Williams wrote:
>> Ross Gardler wrote:

>> So, shall I conduct this work in whiteboard? Do you have more questions
>> first? Would putting it in whiteboard be harmful to Apache Forrest 0.8?

> Anyway, I'd like to see it in the whiteboard if for no other reason
> than to have something concrete to frame this continued discussion
> around.

Yep, that's my intention.

>  I think it won't harm 0.8 at all.

Normally I would put it straight in and see what happens, my concern is
with diverting important attention away from finishing 0.8. We all have
a limited time and shiny new things are often more interesting than
polishing the old (but still useful) things.

Anyway, I'll go with lazy consensus - so if people think it may be a bad
move please say so. I'm happy to work on it in private and come back
with more complete code after 0.8 release.

Ross