forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "C. Grobmeier" <grobme...@possessed.de>
Subject Re: Wiki
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2006 23:43:26 GMT
> Here is one such thread :-
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=112277290808391&w=2
> Can't seem to find the one where I was involved at the moment,
> Will have another look later.

Thank you very much. I read it and understand, that you don't want a
wiki cause it's to early for this project. You fear that docs are in the
wiki but not in the core docs, that the PMC can't oversight the entries
and so on.

I see a wiki more as a sandbox. It contents small artifacts of users who
don't want to get involved in the mailinglist or of users who don't want
to start creating a patch. Sometimes a wiki makes things easier. It
works for Commons and i think for Struts too.

But i -really- don't want to bring this old discussion back to life
cause i am new to this project and hope to see your reasons more clearly
when i am deeper into it. I just was curious cause many projects use a
wiki but Forrest don't.

Thanks,
Chris.