forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: p.o.a pmc list
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2006 05:48:51 GMT
Gav.... wrote:
> From: David Crossley
> > Gav.... wrote:
> > > From: Ross Gardler

> > > Thanks Ross, filled in and submitted to site-dev.
> >
> > Probably better with things like that to wait a little while
> > until other PMC members have a chance to comment.
> >
> > In the past i have expressed concerns to the site-dev list
> > about this very experimental part of the p.a.o website.
> > (See archives around end May 2006 Re: more improvements)
> >
> > My concerns were that this duplicates information that is
> > held in other places, it doesn't show past members, and having
> > the chair listed so prominently gives a false impression of
> > leadership which is not how the ASF operates.
> >
> > The list that you have shown are not the current PMC members.
> > See http://forrest.apache.org/who.html
> > See the bottom of that page for the location of the official list.

I adjusted the configuration of p.a.o to point to our who.html
and refined the list to be only the current PMC members.

> > Also that is not the charter of the Apache Forrest PMC,
> > rather it is the description of the Forrest project.

I fixed that by copying from our Guidelines and Board resolution.
Soon after, i noticed Jean do the one for Apache DB and be more
exact from their Board resolution. Not sure what is really needed.

> > I changed the configuration to use the option of a link
> > to our who.html instead. That also gives us better control
> > over how we present our community.
>
> Ok, understood, seems I had a few days of trying to do the right
> Thing but not actually achieving it.

The effort is not wasted. You exposed a bug in the tools that
creates the p.a.o site, which was fixed. There was also a fix added
that enables the link to project who.html page. You also got me to
try to finish off something.

> I have jobs nearing completion which should see me less tired
> And more able to do some more here properly.

Thanks for following up with FOR-617 (CodeZoo).

-David