forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: content of release [was: Re: review list of scheduled issues for 0.8 release]
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 23:56:31 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> >
> >Regarding the whiteboard and seeing that the dispatcher has gained wider
> >community support, I think we should either move the dispatcher out of
> >the whiteboard or include the whiteboard into the release.
>
> I'm still of the opinion that nothing in whiteboard goes into the
> release. If something is stable and community oriented enough to warrant
> going into the release then we should attend to it as part of the 0.8
> release cycle.
>
> Candidates for migration from whiteboard are, IMHO:
>
> - dispatcher
> - forrestbot
> - forrestbar
>
> Dispatcher looks like a given to me, in fact I've called for someone to
> bring it out of whiteboard many times, if the devs active on that code
> now agree it is ready then this is great news.
>
> Forrestbot is, in my opinion, not stable or complete enough for release
> as a user tool (althoug I do have it running in a couple of locations).
> David points out that we have "released" it before, but this is only as
> a part of whiteboard, I don't really see that as a release since
> whiteboard has always had the status of experimental and potentially
> unsupported code.

Both forrestbot and forrestbar are not in the whiteboard,
they are in "tools"..

I have been happily using forrestbot every week to publish
the Forrest site, and i use it for a work-related site to
efficiently publish two versions of the same site. I do not
see any "stability" issues and i do not see any required
new features.

What do you think that it lacks?

-David