forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: p.o.a pmc list
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2006 08:31:47 GMT
Gav.... wrote:
> From: Ross Gardler
> > Gav.... wrote:
> > >
> > > Taking a look at http://projects.apache.org/pmcs.html
> > > There are only two projects so far that have info on there.
> > >
> > > Does anyone mind if I fill ours in ?
> >
> > Mind? Not at all. Encourage? certainly.
>
> Thanks Ross, filled in and submitted to site-dev.

Probably better with things like that to wait a little while
until other PMC members have a chance to comment.

In the past i have expressed concerns to the site-dev list
about this very experimental part of the p.a.o website.
(See archives around end May 2006 Re: more improvements)

My concerns were that this duplicates information that is
held in other places, it doesn't show past members, and having
the chair listed so prominently gives a false impression of
leadership which is not how the ASF operates.

The list that you have shown are not the current PMC members.
See http://forrest.apache.org/who.html
See the bottom of that page for the location of the official list.

Also that is not the charter of the Apache Forrest PMC,
rather it is the description of the Forrest project.

I changed the configuration to use the option of a link
to our who.html instead. That also gives us better control
over how we present our community.

-David