forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Building Forrest 2
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2006 00:07:39 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >Ross Gardler wrote:

nested exception is java.io.FileNotFoundException: svn/asf/forrest/whiteboard/forrest2/core/src/examples/helloWorld/src/forrestContext.xml
(No such file or directory)

> >>That forrestContext.xml file should exist in the location indicated
> >>(assuming svn/asf/forrest/whiteboard/forrest2/core is the path to your
> >>forrest2 code). See [1]
> >>
> >>Can you please verify that is the case.
> >
> >I checked all that before sending the errors.
> >
> >As i said, please note the mangled paths and the missing leading slash
> >on the Exception messages.
>
> Sorry for being dense, I only looked at the "Caused by:" part of the
> report, not the original IO Exception. Interestingly they give two
> different paths.

The first path is mangled, the second path is missing the leading slash.
Perhaps as a result of the first mess.

> Anyway, I note your ANT command is:
>
> ant -Dcontent.object.dir=src/examples/helloWorld
> -Dcontent.object.start.uri=helloWorld.html run
>
> This works OK for me (Cygwin on Windows XP), so I guess this is a MacOS
> thing.

My unsaid question is: Is there specific code anywhere in forrest2
that builds that pathname? It might have some "file:" handling which
is a typical thing that causes pathname errors between UNIX/Windows.

Would someone else please try it on a UNIX/Linux system, i.e.
not Cygwin.

> Try using the fullpath to the content object:
>
> ant
> -Dcontent.object.dir=/svn/asf/forrest/whiteboard/forrest2/coresrc/examples/helloWorld

>  -Dcontent.object.start.uri=helloWorld.html run

Again as i originally said, i tried the full pathname.
Same result.

> and/or a properly expressed relative path:
>
> ant -Dcontent.object.dir=./src/examples/helloWorld
> -Dcontent.object.start.uri=helloWorld.html run

I didn't say, but i had already tried a ./ relative path.
Same result.

Hmmm, interesting. I added some "echo" into core/build.xml
at various targets. It reports the proper pathname with
no mangling. So it must be when forrest2 (or is it Spring)
composes the pathname for forrestContext.xml

-David