forrest-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Building Forrest 2
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 22:50:36 GMT
Gav.... wrote:
> > From: Ross Gardler:
> > Gav.... wrote:
> > 
> > > However 2 things I needed to do in order for this to happen.
> > >
> > > 1. I had to comment out this line :-
> > >
> > > <license name="Apache Software License"/>
> > >
> > > From
> > >
> > D:\Apache2\forrest\whiteboard\forrest2\core\tools\ivy\repository\cglib\cgl
> > ib
> > > -nodep\ivy-2.1_3.xml.
> > >
> > > It does not recognise the <license> element.
> > 
> > Hmmm... according to [1] this is correct and it works fine for me and
> > for others. What makes you thing it is not recognised?
> 
> Well, the build failed and gave reason in the error message that <license>
> Was not recognised, expecting one of (::ivyauthor ::repository ::decription}
> 
> I just reinstated that line, ant clean and compiled and run it again and
> This time go no such error, ah well, that's computers for you.

The first time that i tried to build forrest2 i got similar errors.
I needed to re-arrange the file because according to
http://www.jayasoft.org/ivy/doc/ivyfile
and the error messages that Gav showed, the license element is
in the wrong order.

Then Ross rearranged the repository to add the "core" subdirectory
which blew away my changes. Now even though Ross didn't change that
ivy-*.xml file, the build suddenly worked. I wonder if some xml
validation was happening to start and then was switched off in later
commits.

By the way, if these things are remaining in our local repo
then we need proper license information and replace the "saafe"
ivyauthor.

-David

> > Ross
> > 
> > [1] http://www.jayasoft.org/ivy/doc/ivyfile/license

Mime
View raw message