forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Building Forrest 2
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 22:29:11 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >Ross Gardler wrote:
> >>There are some example content objects in
> >>src/examples for you to try out, for example:
> >>
> >>ant -Dcontent.object.dir=[FORREST2_HOME]/src/examples/helloWorld
> >>-Dcontent.object.start.uri=helloWorld.html run
> >>
> >>I hope you have more success with this, of course, let me know if you
> >>don't
> >
> >Doesn't work for me: "Mac OS X" Java5:
> >
> >svn up
> >cd /svn/asf/forrest/whiteboard/forrest2/core
> >ant clean; ant compile-core
> >ant -Dcontent.object.dir=src/examples/helloWorld
> >-Dcontent.object.start.uri=helloWorld.html run
> >     [java] 0    [main] INFO  org.apache.forrest.core.Controller (?:?)  -
> >     Using Spring Context definition in src/forrestContext.xml
> >     [java]
> >     org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException:
> >     IOException parsing XML document from file
> >     [/svn/asf/forrest/whiteboard/forrest2/core/src/examples/helloWorld/svn/asf/forrest/whiteboard/forrest2/core/src/examples/helloWorld/src/forrestContext.xml];
nested exception is java.io.FileNotFoundException: svn/asf/forrest/whiteboard/forrest2/core/src/examples/helloWorld/src/forrestContext.xml
(No such file or directory)
> >     [java] Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> >     svn/asf/forrest/whiteboard/forrest2/core/src/examples/helloWorld/src/forrestContext.xml
(No such file or directory)
> >     [java]     at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
> >
> >---------------
> >
> >Seems to be mangling the pathname somehow. Also tried with
> >full pathname for content.object.dir with same result.
>
> That forrestContext.xml file should exist in the location indicated
> (assuming svn/asf/forrest/whiteboard/forrest2/core is the path to your
> forrest2 code). See [1]
>
> Can you please verify that is the case.

I checked all that before sending the errors.

As i said, please note the mangled paths and the missing leading slash
on the Exception messages.

-David