forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Building Forrest 2
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 03:49:38 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:

> There are some example content objects in
> src/examples for you to try out, for example:
>
> ant -Dcontent.object.dir=[FORREST2_HOME]/src/examples/helloWorld
> -Dcontent.object.start.uri=helloWorld.html run
>
> I hope you have more success with this, of course, let me know if you don't

Doesn't work for me: "Mac OS X" Java5:

svn up
cd /svn/asf/forrest/whiteboard/forrest2/core
ant clean; ant compile-core
ant -Dcontent.object.dir=src/examples/helloWorld -Dcontent.object.start.uri=helloWorld.html
run
... ivy seems okay, then two errors:
run:
     [java] log4j:ERROR Could not connect to remote log4j server at [localhost]. We will try
again later.
     [java] java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
     [java]     at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
     [java] 0    [main] INFO  org.apache.forrest.core.Controller (?:?)  - Using Spring Context
definition in src/forrestContext.xml
     [java] org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: IOException parsing
XML document from file [/svn/asf/forrest/whiteboard/forrest2/core/src/examples/helloWorld/svn/asf/forrest/whiteboard/forrest2/core/src/examples/helloWorld/src/forrestContext.xml];
nested exception is java.io.FileNotFoundException: svn/asf/forrest/whiteboard/forrest2/core/src/examples/helloWorld/src/forrestContext.xml
(No such file or directory)
     [java] Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: svn/asf/forrest/whiteboard/forrest2/core/src/examples/helloWorld/src/forrestContext.xml
(No such file or directory)
     [java]     at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)

Seems to be mangling the pathname somehow. Also tried with
full pathname for content.object.dir with same result.

-David