forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <>
Subject Re: Ivy repo (Re: Building Forrest 2)
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 00:26:42 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >Ross Gardler wrote:

> >>Those missing dependencies were coming from the iBiblio Maven repo, but
> >>I've heard many a story about how unreliable this is. I've added them to
> >>our repo in SVN.
> >
> >How do other projects handle this? Is there talk at ivy mail lists?
> There is a public "sandbox" repo that the Ivy project manages. Our Ivy
> build file is set up to use it, but as you will see from Tim's mails, I
> inadvertently commented out this section of the config. If it's not in
> there it looks in the iBiblio Maven2 repo.
> Yes, there is talk on the Ivy lists, but nothing concrete and it has
> stalled. I'm going to start a discussion over there when I can. Having
> them in our SVN is temporary (and is no more wasteful than having a lib
> directory anyway).
> In the interim I plan to move the repo out of
> forrest2/core/tools/ivy/repository and into whiteboard/ivy/repository.
> This will make it useful to other code in Forrest, including trunk/main.

We need to trim down the need for local jars, both in our
local ivy respository and elsewhere in our build.

BTW, why are we using an old version of xerces for forrest2?

> >I gather that Maven now have a much more reliable infrastructure.
> >I only know Maven from trying to listen to cocoon-dev list.
> >The cocoon build gets most stuff from
> That repo looks pretty complete, I'll add it to our config, in
> preference to iBiblio. Thanks for the pointer.
> >By the way, i still get missing stuff today, so i have not
> >yet been able to see forrest2.
> Have you done svn up since Tim pointed out I'd commented out the remote
> repo stuff? It works for Tim now.

Yes i had.

It works better now that you added another local jar.

The suggestion from Kenneth did the final trick.

It builds now. However there is no forrest.jar created.

View raw message