forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: LM properties lookup for JTidy
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2006 22:34:04 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:

> AFAIR Cyriaque tried once something similar but it was not working
> because the map:generator will be read during setup and the lm is not
> available until after that.
>
> As I remember the use case it was the serializer that he wanted to
> configure via lm.

I don't recall such discussion regarding locationmap use.
That should be fully explored in preference to other solutions.

The part i do remember was that Cyriaque tried to find
various means for projects to configure Cocoon components
(yes, in his case xhtml serializer).

There are various discussions in our dev archives, then
it moved to http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-1928

We need someone to add a FOR issue for this general enhancement.

> One solution was the new property system of cocoon (David mentioned
> something).

See above discussions and here is a snip from COCOON-1928
Vadim said:
"Variable substitution in component configuration has to happen manually. Sitemap variable
susbstitution in parameter values is happening only within <map:pipeline> section, not
within <map:components> section."

The new property system that Thorsten mentions is
"Cocoon running modes:

-David