forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Børre Gaup <boe...@skolelinux.no>
Subject Re: HTML source files broken
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2006 12:55:46 GMT
Gask, skábmamánu 1. b. 2006 04.11, David Crossley čálii:
> B??rre Gaup wrote:
> > David Crossley ????lii:
> > > B??rre Gaup wrote:
> >
> > </snip>

> > > That is strange. I have a site that uses Dispatcher (pelt) and
> > > an html source which has hyphens in the filename. I get no errors.
> >
> > I tried to experiment with the filename a bit.
> > If I name the file "upload-corpus_file.html" it works, but if I call
> > it "upload_corpus-file.html" forrest crashes.
> >
> > Could the error have something to do with the "-file" part?
>
> Try it with something other than "-file". The trouble might
> be that the sitemaps have some match that operates on the
> "-file" pattern.
>
> We already had a number of "reserved patterns". I hope that
> we have not recently added more.
> http://forrest.apache.org/faq.html#claimed_patterns
>
> > Could the error have something to do with the "-file" part?
>
> Try it with something other than "-file". The trouble might
> be that the sitemaps have some match that operates on the
> "-file" pattern.
>
> We already had a number of "reserved patterns". I hope that
> we have not recently added more.
> http://forrest.apache.org/faq.html#claimed_patterns

Ok, me and Sjur sat down to find out what really caused this error, and after
a lot of trial and error, it is clear that the "corpus-" part of our filename
is the source of the error. If we rename the file upload_corp-file.html, it
works!

I also found some other problematic filenames of the same type yesterday:
corpus-conversion-tech.xml -> corpus_conversion_tech.xml
corpus-policy.jspwiki -> corpus_policy.jspwiki
corpus-plan.xml -> corpus_plan.xml

Further observations:

Dispatcher gives the following error message, even though the file does not
exist! :
==============
Internal Server Error

Message: null

Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet

Source: Cocoon Servlet

Request URI

upload/upload_corpus-file.html
cause

dispatcherError: 500 - Internal server error
The contract "siteinfo-meta-navigation" has thrown thrown an exception by
resolving raw data from "cocoon://upload/upload_corpus-file.navigation.xml".

dispatcherErrorStack:
 org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceNotFoundException: Exception during
processing of cocoon://upload/upload_corpus-file.navigation.xml
request-uri

/upload/upload_corpus-file.html
Apache Cocoon 2.2.0-dev
==============

The file that DOES exist is upload/upload_corpus_file.html (note the
underscore instead of the hyphen)

When we try to call a file with a completely non-existent name (e.g.
upload/test-file.html - there is no such file), we get the following
(expected) error message:

===============
Internal Server Error

Message: null

Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet

Source: Cocoon Servlet

Request URI

upload/test-file.html
cause

/Users/sjur/Documents/i18n/sd/src/documentation/content/xdocs/upload/test-file.xml
(No such file or directory)
request-uri

/upload/test-file.html
Apache Cocoon 2.2.0-dev