forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject Re: content of release [was: Re: review list of scheduled issues for 0.8 release]
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 09:04:34 GMT
On Tue, 2006-11-28 at 18:54 +1100, David Crossley wrote:
> Tim Williams wrote:
> > Ross Gardler wrote:

> > I'm not sure how that'd be done?
>
> Neither am i.
>
> If you are talking about the mechanics of it, see below.
> We discussed some the specific parts in the other replies.
>
> See the "release-dist" Ant target in main/build.xml
>
> I presume that we get it to include only certain parts of
> the trunk into separate packages. We have things well-separated,
> so it should be simple. FLW.
>
> We also need to create LICENSE.txt and NOTICE.txt in the
> top of each package. Should be okay with Ant.

As I see it, it should not be hard to package the release different. The
question is whether you want to package them apart, e.g. forrestbot
without forrest.

That leaves us with packages like:
* forrest-core
* forrestbot
* eclipse-tool
* forrestbar

Then the packages can be downloaded separately, similar like they do it
with tomcat and the admin interface.

Regarding the whiteboard and seeing that the dispatcher has gained wider
community support, I think we should either move the dispatcher out of
the whiteboard or include the whiteboard into the release.

salu2