forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject discuss: FOR-145 Make Forrest able to be imported by Ant
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2006 16:54:53 GMT
On Tue, 2006-11-14 at 04:51 -0800, Thorsten Scherler (JIRA) wrote:
>     [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-145?page=comments#action_12449655 ]
>
> Thorsten Scherler commented on FOR-145:
> ---------------------------------------
>
> The last attachment  core.target.diff (65 kb) is a refactoring of all core targets.
>
> Since this patch will break a lot of build systems that are using the old targets we
need to reach a decision how to we apply the patches to close this issue.

Like I stated in the other mail to keep the old naming and "just"
depreciate this naming will not solve this bug nor FOR-823.

I refactored the core targets (not yet forrestbot) and I am using this
patched forrest version within my application via ant.

It is a pleasure, since I can configure nearly all via parameter and
coming close to single page generation. e.g.
<antcall target="forrest.site">
      <param name="project.home" location="${boja.home}/src/exporter" />
      <param name="project.start"
location="${bulletin.year}/${bulletin.number}/00001.html" />
      <param name="project.build-dir"
location="${build.dir}/exporter"></param>
    </antcall>

I am not sure how big the effect of third party build system will be,
but if we do it now then we have it clean in 0.8. Further having made
the same experience as in FOR-823 I wonder in any case how many third
party build system have not run into the current ant limitation.

Before I check in what I have I would like to hear your opinion, on how
to proceed.

salu2
--
thorsten