forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HTML source files broken
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2006 19:15:24 GMT
Sorry, still no internet at home and on side at a customer who has shut
down all ports.

On Wed, 2006-11-01 at 13:55 +0100, Børre Gaup wrote:
> > > Could the error have something to do with the "-file" part?
> >
> > Try it with something other than "-file". The trouble might
> > be that the sitemaps have some match that operates on the
> > "-file" pattern.
> >
> > We already had a number of "reserved patterns". I hope that
> > we have not recently added more.
> > http://forrest.apache.org/faq.html#claimed_patterns
> >
> > > Could the error have something to do with the "-file" part?
> >
> > Try it with something other than "-file". The trouble might
> > be that the sitemaps have some match that operates on the
> > "-file" pattern.
> >
> > We already had a number of "reserved patterns". I hope that
> > we have not recently added more.
> > http://forrest.apache.org/faq.html#claimed_patterns
> >

> Ok, me and Sjur sat down to find out what really caused this error, and after
> a lot of trial and error, it is clear that the "corpus-" part of our filename
> is the source of the error. If we rename the file upload_corp-file.html, it
> works!

I need to have a closer look.

> I also found some other problematic filenames of the same type yesterday:
> corpus-conversion-tech.xml -> corpus_conversion_tech.xml
> corpus-policy.jspwiki -> corpus_policy.jspwiki
> corpus-plan.xml -> corpus_plan.xml
>

> Further observations:
>
> Dispatcher gives the following error message, even though the file does not
> exist! :

Well, not so much even, but better because. ;)

> ==============
> Internal Server Error
>
> Message: null

> Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet
>
> Source: Cocoon Servlet
>
> Request URI
>
> upload/upload_corpus-file.html
> cause
>
> dispatcherError: 500 - Internal server error
> The contract "siteinfo-meta-navigation" has thrown thrown an exception by
> resolving raw data from "cocoon://upload/upload_corpus-file.navigation.xml".
>
> dispatcherErrorStack:
>  org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceNotFoundException: Exception during
> processing of cocoon://upload/upload_corpus-file.navigation.xml
> request-uri
>
> /upload/upload_corpus-file.html
> Apache Cocoon 2.2.0-dev
> ==============
>

> The file that DOES exist is upload/upload_corpus_file.html (note the
> underscore instead of the hyphen)

Meaning it seems that the structurer requests this file. What is the
contract definition in the structurer file?

> When we try to call a file with a completely non-existent name (e.g.
> upload/test-file.html - there is no such file), we get the following
> (expected) error message:
>
> ===============
> Internal Server Error
>
> Message: null

> Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet
>
> Source: Cocoon Servlet
>
> Request URI
>
> upload/test-file.html
> cause
>
> /Users/sjur/Documents/i18n/sd/src/documentation/content/xdocs/upload/test-file.xml
> (No such file or directory)
> request-uri
>
> /upload/test-file.html
> Apache Cocoon 2.2.0-dev
> ===============

Like you said this file does not exist, BUT the first example is in
theory covered by the structurer you use. In this structurer you are
requesting some raw data. This is the data the transformation in the
contract is based on (normally defined by @dataUri). This data cannot be
resolved.

salu2
--