forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Gav...." <brightoncomput...@brightontown.com.au>
Subject RE: Building Forrest 2
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 11:44:46 GMT

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Gav.... [mailto:brightoncomputers@brightontown.com.au]

<snip>

2 things I needed to do in order for this to happen.

> 1. I had to comment out this line :-
>
> <license name="Apache Software License"/>
>
> From
> D:\Apache2\forrest\whiteboard\forrest2\core\tools\ivy\repository\cglib\cgl
> ib
> -nodep\ivy-2.1_3.xml.
>
> It does not recognise the <license> element.
>
> 2. Your example getting started code says :-
>
> ant -Dcontent.object.dir=[FORREST2_HOME]/src/examples/helloWorld
> -Dcontent.object.start.uri=helloWorld.html run
>
> However this command has to be run from the [FORREST2_HOME]/core directory
> and so just specifying ant -Dcontent.object.dir=src/examples/helloWorld
> -Dcontent.object.start.uri=helloWorld.html run
>
> Worked for me, in other words removing '[FORREST2_HOME]/'
>
> So somewhere it is actually looking one directory above what is specified.
>
> So after these changes, it compiles and works fine and get html and xhtml
> file output in The command window, nothing else happens , so need to read
> A bit more to see what else can be done with the code so far.
>
> Good work Ross.
>
> Gav...

And it is in fact just me probably interpreting what [FORREST_HOME] is .

I thought it was the /forrest2/ directory the same as /forrest/ is
%FORREST_HOME% for version 1.

But [FORREST2_HOME] is probably meant to be /forrest2/core/ - is that right.
Either way it is not needed in the command line.

Gav...