forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Gav...." <brightoncomput...@brightontown.com.au>
Subject RE: Building Forrest 2
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 11:10:38 GMT

Yes, I too get that, but did not stop it from continuing.

> Alternatively, you could start up a Chainsaw [2] a tool for working with
> logs sent over a network connection.
>
> >      [java] 0    [main] INFO  org.apache.forrest.core.Controller (?:?)
> - Using Spring Context definition in src/forrestContext.xml
> >      [java]
> org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException:
> IOException parsing XML document from file
> [/svn/asf/forrest/whiteboard/forrest2/core/src/examples/helloWorld/svn/asf
> /forrest/whiteboard/forrest2/core/src/examples/helloWorld/src/forrestConte
> xt.xml]; nested exception is java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> svn/asf/forrest/whiteboard/forrest2/core/src/examples/helloWorld/src/forre
> stContext.xml (No such file or directory)
> >      [java] Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> svn/asf/forrest/whiteboard/forrest2/core/src/examples/helloWorld/src/forre
> stContext.xml (No such file or directory)
> >      [java]     at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
> >
> > ---------------
> >
> > Seems to be mangling the pathname somehow. Also tried with
> > full pathname for content.object.dir with same result.
>

> That forrestContext.xml file should exist in the location indicated
> (assuming svn/asf/forrest/whiteboard/forrest2/core is the path to your
> forrest2 code). See [1]
>
> Can you please verify that is the case.

It is there for me, but then I never got this error message, my build
Completed successfully.

However 2 things I needed to do in order for this to happen.

1. I had to comment out this line :-

<license name="Apache Software License"/>

From
D:\Apache2\forrest\whiteboard\forrest2\core\tools\ivy\repository\cglib\cglib
-nodep\ivy-2.1_3.xml.

It does not recognise the <license> element.

2. Your example getting started code says :-

ant -Dcontent.object.dir=[FORREST2_HOME]/src/examples/helloWorld
-Dcontent.object.start.uri=helloWorld.html run

However this command has to be run from the [FORREST2_HOME]/core directory
and so just specifying ant -Dcontent.object.dir=src/examples/helloWorld
-Dcontent.object.start.uri=helloWorld.html run

Worked for me, in other words removing '[FORREST2_HOME]/'

So somewhere it is actually looking one directory above what is specified.

So after these changes, it compiles and works fine and get html and xhtml
file output in The command window, nothing else happens , so need to read
A bit more to see what else can be done with the code so far.

Good work Ross.

Gav...