forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sjur Moshagen <sju...@mac.com>
Subject LM properties lookup for JTidy
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2006 14:05:58 GMT
Hello all,

The main sitemap at FORREST_HOME/main/webapp/sitemap.xmap contains
the following snippet around line 30:

       <map:generator name="html"
src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.HTMLGenerator">
         <jtidy-config>WEB-INF/jtidy.properties</jtidy-config>
       </map:generator>

I would like to augment this with a LM lookup, to facilitate project-
specific jtidy config. As it is now, one needs to change e.g. the
file encoding in the file FORREST_HOME/main/webapp/WEB-INF/
jtidy.properties. I would like to have Forrest look in a couple of
different places:

PROJECT_HOME/src/documentation/WEB-INF/
FORREST_HOME/webapp/WEB-INF/

This way, it is easy for any single project to change whatever jtidy
settings is needed (or provide more) without needing to change any of
the Forrest code.

The problem:

I don't grasp how I should formulate what I want. I guess there need
to be two pieces in place:

#1 - replace the reference in the above sitemap snippet with a LM lookup
#2 - resolve that LM lookup to one of the two locations mentioned

But what does #1 look like? And where should #2 be stored and called?

Any hints appreciated,
Sjur