forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Cyriaque Dupoirieux <Cyriaque.Dupoiri...@pcotech.fr>
Subject Re: Plugin Specific Stylsheets
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 09:28:55 GMT
le 16/10/2006 11:03 Gav.... a écrit :
> I think we touched on this before, at least I remember lots of
> Questions on how can it be done.
>
> As an example FOR-412 has a stylesheet in Jira ready to be applied
> But we don't know where to apply it (at least I don't).
>
> We don't want plugin specific stylesheets to be mixed up with
> Skin or theme stylesheets because they will be redundant to
> Those that don't use the plugin. Also things like images that
> Are for the projectinfo plugin reside in core when they should
> Also be in the plugin as they are plugin specific.
>
> So I had a thought. I wonder if we can create a /resources/css
> In the plugin, put any stylesheets in there,
I am a fervent supporter of this behaviour.
I think that plugin should be able to come with specific resources (css
files, xsl style sheets, images...) and these resources should not be
part of the core.

>  enable it with
> A 'plugin.stylesheet="yes"' in the plugins forrest.properties.xml
> And then get forrest to check for this when the 'forrest' gets built
> And adds it to the projects /resources/css and adds it to the rendered
> Output.

In my first thought, there was no need of such a property.
The plugin comes with its resources which can be overriden by projects
with location map fallback mecanism...

> Does that make sense. If so or not any ideas on how to get started?

I have not think about it yet,
I will come back latter..

Salutations,
Cyriaque,