forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: LM properties lookup for JTidy
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2006 16:03:14 GMT
On Tue, 2006-10-31 at 10:38 -0500, Tim Williams wrote:
> On 10/31/06, Thorsten Scherler <thorsten@apache.org> wrote:

> > > Hi Sjur,
> > > Try the locationmap protocol.  It seems to me that it should work for
> > > what you want.
> > >
> > > e.g.
> > >       <map:generator name="html"
> > > src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.HTMLGenerator">
> > >         <jtidy-config>lm://jtidy-config</jtidy-config>
> > >       </map:generator>
> > >
> > > then add a locationmap entry for
> > >
> > > <match pattern="jtidy-config">
> > > ...various locations....
> > > </match>
> > >

> > AFAIR Cyriaque tried once something similar but it was not working
> > because the map:generator will be read during setup and the lm is not
> > available until after that.
>
> The locationmap should be available before a generator begins its
> lifecycle.  Why not?

Ross points out
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=115313354117234&w=2
"I missed the fact you were trying to configure a component with a
property. Unfortunately you can't. The prooperties module is loaded
during initialisation, i.e. at the same tie as the initialisation of all
the components. Therefore the property value is not available at that time."

Bottom line I mixed it up and the properties variant is already tested and it seems the lm
alternative not.
Now one need to verify that the above said is as well true for the lm.

salu2

--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"