forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: LM properties lookup for JTidy
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2006 15:23:36 GMT
On Tue, 2006-10-31 at 10:05 -0500, Tim Williams wrote:
> On 10/31/06, Sjur Moshagen <sjurnm@mac.com> wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > The main sitemap at FORREST_HOME/main/webapp/sitemap.xmap contains
> > the following snippet around line 30:
> >
> >        <map:generator name="html"
> > src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.HTMLGenerator">
> >          <jtidy-config>WEB-INF/jtidy.properties</jtidy-config>
> >        </map:generator>
> >
> > I would like to augment this with a LM lookup, to facilitate project-
> > specific jtidy config. As it is now, one needs to change e.g. the
> > file encoding in the file FORREST_HOME/main/webapp/WEB-INF/
> > jtidy.properties. I would like to have Forrest look in a couple of
> > different places:
> >
> > PROJECT_HOME/src/documentation/WEB-INF/
> > FORREST_HOME/webapp/WEB-INF/
> >
> > This way, it is easy for any single project to change whatever jtidy
> > settings is needed (or provide more) without needing to change any of
> > the Forrest code.
> >
> > The problem:
> >
> > I don't grasp how I should formulate what I want. I guess there need
> > to be two pieces in place:
> >
> > #1 - replace the reference in the above sitemap snippet with a LM lookup
> > #2 - resolve that LM lookup to one of the two locations mentioned
> >
> > But what does #1 look like? And where should #2 be stored and called?
> >
> > Any hints appreciated,
> > Sjur
>
> Hi Sjur,
> Try the locationmap protocol.  It seems to me that it should work for
> what you want.
>
> e.g.
>       <map:generator name="html"
> src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.HTMLGenerator">
>         <jtidy-config>lm://jtidy-config</jtidy-config>
>       </map:generator>
>
> then add a locationmap entry for
>
> <match pattern="jtidy-config">
> ...various locations....
> </match>

AFAIR Cyriaque tried once something similar but it was not working
because the map:generator will be read during setup and the lm is not
available until after that.

As I remember the use case it was the serializer that he wanted to
configure via lm.

One solution was the new property system of cocoon (David mentioned
something).

I am not sure but maybe you could try via input modules. Like adding
jtidy-config to f.p.xml and then
<map:generator name="html"
src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.HTMLGenerator">
  <jtidy-config>{forrest://jtidy-config}</jtidy-config>
</map:generator>

... but not sure if you are not running into the same dead end.

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"