forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Resolve location map]
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2006 11:46:58 GMT
On Wed, 2006-10-11 at 12:43 +0200, Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I would like to resolve a location map within my browser (just like
> the forrest bar does with the contracts for instance)
>     I would like to entre in the URL something like :
> lm:transform.xml.xml-namespace-stripped
>     And to see the located stylesheet...

Well, that mean you need to teach your browser the lm protocol.

Meaning (with a forrest servlet running) typing
lm://transform.xml.xml-namespace-stripped in your browser will give you
that firefox does not know the protocol.

http://www.codeproject.com/internet/FirefoxProtocol.asp
http://nexgenmedia.net/docs/protocol

Where you should first add a generic match in the core like:
<map:match pattern="lm.*">
<map:generate src="lm://{1}"/>
<map:serialize />
</map:match>

and the protocol would "rewrite" (the easiest solution)
lm://transform.xml.xml-namespace-stripped to
http://localost:8888/lm.transform.xml.xml-namespace-stripped

This solution only works with forrest running as servlet, further it
assumes that forrest is running on the
host: localhost
port: 8888
servlet-prefix: null

If you want to implement it in the forrestbar, then we need to make this
configurable. Which would be awesome then we can get rid of the 3
different "local forrest" we have now.

HTH

salu2
--