forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sjur Moshagen <sju...@mac.com>
Subject Re: i18n/dispatcher: language selection contract
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 15:48:51 GMT
Den 18. sep. 2006 kl. 14.32 skrev Sjur Moshagen:

> 1) it would be nice if it could return all available locales for
> the matching document in a sitemap parameter. As it is now, I need
> to do some sitemap magic to aggregate the list of all candidate
> documents, then process the aggregation and finally deliver the
> result. This is error prone and slow, compared to returning a list
> of found documents by a Java component that needs to do the job
> anyway.

That sitemap magic wasn't that easy:-(

The idea was to use the directory generator to get a listing of all
files matching the pattern {RequestDoc}.{Locale}.{Extension}.

The bad thing is that it does not seem the directory generator is
included in Forrest:

Internal Server Error

Message: null

Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet

Source: Cocoon Servlet

Request URI

index.languages.xml
cause

Type 'directory' does not exist for 'map:generate' at file:/Users/
sjur/Documents/i18n/sd/src/documentation/sitemap.xmap:97:52
request-uri

/index.languages.xml

The directory generator would have given me a nice xml snippet
containing all and only localised file, from which I easily could
have extracted the needed info. Any suggestions on an alternative route?

Sjur