forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sjur Moshagen <sju...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Forrestbar and dispatcher - Internal Server Error
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2006 14:41:46 GMT

Den 8. sep. 2006 kl. 15.09 skrev Cyriaque Dupoirieux:

> le 08/09/2006 12:37 Sjur Moshagen a écrit :
>> Hello all,
>>
>> We are taking our first steps with dispatcher, and I wanted to use
>> the Forrestbar in Firefox to help me round the first corners.
>> Alas, when I click the menu 'dispatcher-dev>ls.contracts (or
>> ls.contracts.project), I'm greeted with the following message:
>>
>> ---------------------------------
>> Internal Server Error
>> Message: null
>> Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet
>> Source: Cocoon Servlet
>>
>> Request URI
>>   ls.contracts.html
>>
>> cause
>>
>> Could not find component for role:
>> [org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.InputModule/
>> properties]
>> (Key='org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.InputModule/
>> properties')
> Hi,
>      I had the same message when I forgot to add the InputModule in
> my plugin list...
>
>    What is weird is that - in your next mail - you say it works
> with the http://localhost:8888/ls.contracts.html url ?
>    In the code this is exactly what does the bar :
>    In the GUI : <menuitem label="ls.contracts" onclick="navigate
> ('http://localhost:8888/ls.contracts.html');" />
>    In the script : function navigate(url) {
>  window._content.document.location.href = url;
> }

I agree, it is strange. Her are the steps I took:

- updated forrest to latest svn
- forrest seed
- changed forrest properties to turn on dispatcher - after
modification it reads:

project.required.plugins=org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.pdf,org.apache
.forrest.plugin.in
ternal.dispatcher,org.apache.forrest.themes.core,org.apache.forrest.plug
in.output.inputMod
ule

- forrest run
- open Firefox with http://localhost:8889...

NOW I see! --- I'm very sorry I used your time.

I'm running the dispatcher version at port 8889, because I have an
older, non-dispatcher-enabled version running on port 8888. Port 8888
is hardcoded into the Forrestbar, but there's no dispatcher on that
port. Thus, Forrestbar doesn't work, but manual look-up does.

I didn't notice that little difference. I even changed the port
number in the first e-mail to not distract from what I believed was
irrelevant details... Well, a new lession learned:-( (ok, it is
always good to learn new things, so perhaps it should have been a :-)
after all)

Again, sorry for waisting your bandwith and time.

Sjur