forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sjur Moshagen <sju...@mac.com>
Subject Forrestbar and dispatcher - Internal Server Error
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2006 10:37:15 GMT
Hello all,

We are taking our first steps with dispatcher, and I wanted to use
the Forrestbar in Firefox to help me round the first corners. Alas,
when I click the menu 'dispatcher-dev>ls.contracts (or
ls.contracts.project), I'm greeted with the following message:

---------------------------------
Internal Server Error
Message: null
Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet
Source: Cocoon Servlet

Request URI
   ls.contracts.html

cause

Could not find component for role:
[org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.InputModule/properties]
(Key='org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.InputModule/
properties')

request-uri
   /ls.contracts.html

Apache Cocoon 2.2.0-dev
---------------------------------

I have the latest svn sources (r441445). I'm running on MacOS X,
Firefox 1.5.0.6.

We had similar errors with our own project sitemap, but those
vanished after we followed the 0.8 upgrade instructions at http://
forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/upgrading_08.html#modules

I have searched / grepped through all my own code as well as the
local forrest svn code for non-updated places, but found none that
seemed relevant - only documentation lagging behind. So I'm stuck.

Any hint would be appreciated.

By the way, i18n seems to work just as it should also with
dispatcher. Thanks!

The reason for turning to dispatcher is that we want to add a new
section to all pages listing available language versions for that
page, and we figured it would be easier to do that with dispatcher
than hacking one of the old skins. Such a manual override menu/list
is the only thing I really miss in the i18n support of Forrest. If we
get it to work, we'll of course contribute back to the project.

Best,
Sjur