forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sjur Moshagen <sju...@mac.com>
Subject Dispatcher i18n update + three more issues
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 12:19:45 GMT
Hello all,

AS seen in JIRA, I have found a set of errors in Dispatcher and
Forrest regarding i18n, and submitted patches for them. With those
patches, Dispatcher should be ready to go re i18n - almost:-) There
are still three more issues for which I can't submit a patch (I think):

1) one file is wrongly named in whiteboard/plugins/
o.a.f.plugin.internal.dispatcher/messages/

ContractsMessages_us.xml

should most likely be:

ContractsMessages_en.xml

2) There should probably be a default/fallback ContractsMessages.xml
file, which should really be the file above (ie the English one, if
one wants to have English as the fallback language, which I expect
one does). Not having one will at least cause some noise in the log
files, and might also generate errors

3) when doing a forrest seed, the translation files in whiteboard/
plugins/o.a.f.plugin.internal.dispatcher/messages/ should be included
in the src/documentation/translations/ directory, with a proper note
on them being useful only with the dispatcher. Without translation
files in this location, the standard "messages" (Last published,
Search, etc.) will not be translated.

Best regards,
Sjur