forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r447768 - /forrest/trunk/site-author/content/xdocs/live-sites.xml
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 08:19:38 GMT
Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have lots of live sites now.
> Maybe we should think to sort them - in a table ?

I'm +0 (meaning too busy with other things right now), I have an
alternative suggestion (to which I am also +0)...

How about using the projects stuff I did in the projectInfo plugin [1].
This allows people to host their own RDF file describing their
site/project. We add the location of that file to our locationmap and
the projectInfo plugin will generate a number of different indexed pages.

It was originally designed for software projects, but it should be easy
to adapt through some minimal XSL customisation.

The benefit is that we only need to add the location of the RDF file,
they can then change their entry whenever they want by editing that file
local to their own servers.

I think the couple of examples and minimal docs in the projectInfo
plugin will be enough to show you how it works. If not I'll find time to
answer questions.

Ross

[1]
http://forrest.apache.org/pluginDocs/plugins_0_80/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.projectInfo/#Project+Details