forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sjur Moshagen <sju...@mac.com>
Subject Re: i18n/dispatcher: language selection contract
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 05:14:28 GMT
Hi Gav,

Den 15. sep. 2006 kl. 01.55 skrev Gav....:

>> I can see no traces of that message on the console, nor in any log
>> file.
>
> With the 'debug string-' I get :-
>
> cocoon://resolve.contract.html.language-variants; Line #0; Column #0;
> org.w3c.dom.DOMException: HIERARCHY_REQUEST_ERR: An attempt was
> made to
> insert a node where it is not permitted.
>
> And the SME no longer appears. If I remove 'debug string -' from the
> Contract then words SME appears as it should.
>
> Having now tested it further, it seems that where you put the words
> 'debug string -' makes a difference.
>
> You showed it as being :-
>
>        <xsl:template match="/">
>        debug string -
>          <forrest:content>
>
> Which is when I get the error message, moving it to :-
>
>        <xsl:template match="/">
>          <forrest:content>
>        debug string -
>
> cures this problem and my contract now works fine again, I get the
> words SME appear and the output is rendered as :

> <!--+ |start language list +-->
>                SME
>
> <!--+ |end language list +-->
>

>>> Unfortunatly it also makes this script fail, removing it cured it
>>> for me.
>>
>> I had/have no such problems.'
>>
>>> I also had a failure of
>>>
>>>     <forrest:template xmlns:forrest="http://apache.org/forrest/
>>>  templates/1.0"
>>>
>>> because they were separate, this may be a cut-n-paste thing on my
>>> part if
>>> the mail was wrapped.
>>
>> Probably since I didn't have any such problems with the code:-)
>
> Ok, but then I don't understand why it works for me then and not
> for you,
> The 'debug string -' is the ONLY thing I have changed to make it work
> For me, have you tried removing it or moving it as above.?

Sorry for not reading your first mail better - I attributed the error
message to the TEST string I had in the pelt.fv file, not to anything
in the contract itself. It was copied from the howto-structurer-
contracts.html page, in which the debug string occurs directly after
the <xsl:template> element (but there's no <forrest:content> element
in that example).

With the correction you made above, I get the same result as you - it
works!

Thanks so far, I will now continue with the next step. I'm certain I
will be back with more questions soon:-)

Sjur