forrest-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Sjur N. Moshagen (JIRA)" <>
Subject [jira] Updated: (FOR-934) i18n language override menu
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2006 07:16:53 GMT
     [ ]

Sjur N. Moshagen updated FOR-934:


I have updated the language override menu scripts. More processing is done before the contract
(by the dataURI components), and the resulting XML document is fully localized.

The returned XML has a slightly different/enhanced structure:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<document xmlns:i18n="" localecount="5">
 <locale value="en" url="?locale=en">
   <text>In English</text>
   <title>Denne siden på engelsk</title>
 <locale value="fi" url="?locale=fi">
   <title>Denne siden på finsk</title>
 <locale value="nb" url="?locale=nb" selected="true">
   <text>På norsk (bm)</text>
   <title>Denne siden på bokmål</title>
 <locale value="se" url="?locale=se">
   <title>Denne siden på nordsamisk</title>
 <locale value="smj" url="?locale=smj">
  < title>Denne siden på lulesamisk</title>

Attached are updated files, to replace the ones in the first submission. Unchanged files are
not included.

I have tried to incorporate and merge my files with the existing i18n.xmap, which should do
the same thing, but I have not succeeded. Also, the i18n.xmap itself seems broken - opening
http://localhost:8888/i18n-index.html gives an error.

> i18n language override menu
> ---------------------------
>                 Key: FOR-934
>                 URL:
>             Project: Forrest
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>          Components: Dispatcher (aka views), Internationalisation (i18n)
>    Affects Versions: 0.8-dev
>            Reporter: Sjur N. Moshagen
>         Attachments:,
> Attached is a dispatcher contract with support files. It will return a list of alternative
languages available for a given document. The list is of the form:
> <!--+ |start language list +-->
> <span>
> <a href="?locale=en">en</a>
> </span>
> <span>
> <a href="?locale=fi">fi</a>
> </span>
> <span>
> <a href="?locale=nb">nb</a>
> </span>
> <span class="selected">se</span>
> <span>
> <a href="?locale=smj">smj</a>
> </span>
> <!--+ |end language list +-->
> It handles filenames following this scheme (convention is already established for Forrest):
> document.XY.extension (XY = locale/language of document)
> document.extension (fallback document)
> If there is a fallback document, the contract will try to look inside the document to
see if it can find an @xml:lang or @lang attribute to associate a language with the fallback
> The contract returns a list of available languages, including the one being displayed.
The displayed language is marked with @class="selected" in the output html.
> If there is only one document available (=no alternating languages), the contract only
returns three comments (start, end, and a comment stating that there's no alternative).

This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators:
For more information on JIRA, see:


View raw message