forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sjur Moshagen <sju...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Dispatcher i18n update + three more issues
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2006 05:56:46 GMT
Den 25. sep. 2006 kl. 17.17 skrev Gav....:

>> 3) when doing a forrest seed, the translation files in whiteboard/
>> plugins/o.a.f.plugin.internal.dispatcher/messages/ should be included
>> in the src/documentation/translations/ directory, with a proper note
>> on them being useful only with the dispatcher. Without translation
>> files in this location, the standard "messages" (Last published,
>> Search, etc.) will not be translated.
>
> So what is the best way to do this, do you mean just moving the
> files into
> That location permanently and removing them from their current
> location, or
> Doing some xslt magic to create them there from the originals at
> build time?

I would imagine an ant task to copy the files as part of the forrest
seed task.

> Have you tested these locally with your patches you made ?

Yes, and I found that the Dispatcher translation files only work if
placed in the project location (but I didn't test this
systematically, so please repeat it with your setup)

> But I think a new Jira issue should be made to remember to do
> these, maybe
> as a subtask as one of the others? Sub-tasks don't get used often
> enough
> IMHO and think that maybe the three you just opened could have been
> all
> sub-tasks of one jira issue. But this is a reflection on our
> current methods
> as
> A whole rather than how you created them - everyone else would have
> done the
> Same I think. This is a good example of sub-tasking, each of those
> three
> issues combined with the 3 new issues you identify above would not
> work
> without the others also being completed.

I'll try to create one super-issue and add the existing (and new)
issues as sub-issues to that one.

> Great work on all this i18n stuff !! :)

Thanks:-)

Sjur