forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Gav...." <brightoncomput...@brightontown.com.au>
Subject RE: i18n/dispatcher: language selection contract
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2006 22:55:58 GMT
Hi Sjur,

Absolutely :)

> >> I would hve expected it to output "SME", but nothing shows up.
> >
> > It is looking good, two things to note here, having the 'debug
> > string -'
> > Gives an error message output to the console and is a good help.
>
> console should be the terminal window in which I'm running forrest,
> right?

Yep.

> I can see no traces of that message on the console, nor in any log file.

With the 'debug string-' I get :-

cocoon://resolve.contract.html.language-variants; Line #0; Column #0;
org.w3c.dom.DOMException: HIERARCHY_REQUEST_ERR: An attempt was made to
insert a node where it is not permitted.

And the SME no longer appears. If I remove 'debug string -' from the
Contract then words SME appears as it should.

Having now tested it further, it seems that where you put the words
'debug string -' makes a difference.

You showed it as being :-

       <xsl:template match="/">
       debug string -
         <forrest:content>

Which is when I get the error message, moving it to :-

       <xsl:template match="/">
         <forrest:content>
       debug string -

cures this problem and my contract now works fine again, I get the
words SME appear and the output is rendered as :

<!--+ |start language list +-->
               SME

<!--+ |end language list +-->

> > Unfortunatly it also makes this script fail, removing it cured it
> > for me.
>
> I had/have no such problems.'
>
> > I also had a failure of
> >
> >     <forrest:template xmlns:forrest="http://apache.org/forrest/
> >  templates/1.0"
> >
> > because they were separate, this may be a cut-n-paste thing on my
> > part if
> > the mail was wrapped.
>
> Probably since I didn't have any such problems with the code:-)

Ok, but then I don't understand why it works for me then and not for you,
The 'debug string -' is the ONLY thing I have changed to make it work
For me, have you tried removing it or moving it as above.?

Thanks

Gavin